Spartanburg, SC 29302
Encadria Staffing Solutions, a Georgia Pacific company, is here to help you find your career! Since 2001, we have been helping people find temporary, temporary to hire and direct hire opportunities at great companies across the U.S. We find something that works around YOUR lifestyle!
Encadria is currently recruiting for temporary to hire roles at Georgia Pacific in Spartanburg, SC.
This is an amazing opportunity to start your career with GP.
Must be available to work 2nd and 3rd shift. Openings available on both.
2nd Shift - 3PM - 11:30PM M-Fri.
3rd Shift - 11PM - 7:30AM Sun-Thurs.
We are looking for dedicated employees who can commit themselves to this position and are anxious to learn and grow in their role. Candidates may be asked to change shifts once hired on based on staffing needs/availability.
What will my duties include?
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Learning to operate machines throughout the facility to include (a) setting up and/or assisting with slotting, feed, scoring, print, and die cutting sections as applicable, and (b) setting up and/or assisting with unitizing station and bundler on machines
- Ensuring proper placement of load tags and bottom sheets
- Ensuring correct stacking patterns, that all units are stacked neatly, and quantities are correct
- Completing general housekeeping duties to maintain a continuously safe and clean team work environment
- Properly operate the double-backer or single facer
- Prepare and load rolls of paper onto a double-backer or single-facer
- Lead crew to maintain and exceed set production goals
- Adhere to quality standards and communicate when defects are found
- Lead and assist teammates with set-ups, troubleshooting and making machine adjustments
- Perform quality checks as required
What type environment can I expect to work in?
- This is an indoor Manufacturing facility. The facility is not climate controlled and can be cool in the winter and hot during the summer time.
- This role will have you working around machinery that produces a lot of heat/steam – It will be warm.
- On the manufacturing floor, you will be required to wear PPE at all times. (Bump Cap, Safety Glasses, Ear protection and Steel Toe Boots) - PPE will be provided to you at no cost.
- Dress attire should be comfortable but professional – Clean Jeans or work pants and a t-shirt.
- This is an active safety and learning environment for all employees. If you do not have the experience or knowledge to perform these duties now we are happy to provide that to you.
- Previous experience in manufacturing, ranch hand, mechanic, electronics or military service.
- Any mechanical troubleshooting experience and knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Willing and able to work in an environment which could require bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, heavy lifting, climbing stairs or ladders and working on elevated platforms/workstations for at least 12 hours a day.
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to lift and pull up to 35 pounds.
- One (1) or more years of experience working within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Previous experience working in the corrugated industry
- Previous experience operating mobile equipment
Visit us at www.encadria.com to learn more about who we are!
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.