Packer / Stacker
Production Utilities Helper Encadria Staffing Solutions (Georgia-Pacific) - Richmond, IN $14 an hour
Encadria Staffing Solutions has multiple temporary to hire opportunities with Color Box Georgia Pacific in Richmond, IN. These roles allow employees the opportunity to gain the skills and knowledge required to perform the job before being hired on full-time. Georgia-Pacific will typically hire within 90 days of starting your assignment dependent upon attendance and performance.
What will my duties include?
- May be placed in various jobs in the production area such as packer and stacker.
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Maintaining equipment to appropriate standards
- Maintain and exceed set production goals
- Adhere to quality standards and communicate when defects are found
- Assist teammates with set-ups, troubleshooting and making machine adjustments
- Keep work area clean throughout shift
- Perform quality checks as required
- What type environment can I expect to work in?
- This is an indoor Manufacturing facility. The facility is not climate controlled and can be cool in the winter and HOT during the summer time.
- This role will have you working around machinery that produces a lot of heat/steam – It will be warm.
- On the manufacturing floor, you will be required to wear PPE at all times. (Safety Glasses, Ear protection and Steel Toe Boots)
- Dress attire should be comfortable – Clean Jeans or work pants and a t-shirt.
- This is an active safety and learning environment for all employees. If you do not have the experience or knowledge to perform these duties now we are happy to provide that to you.
- Exposed to noise (90dbs), up to 115 degrees heat in summer with high humidity, works around machinery that vibrates with moving parts and some paper dust.
- Bends, stoops, twists, turns, stands or walks, will climb up and down stairs, needs to reach, pull, and push materials with both arms/hands needing about 20 lbs. of force, , may pack items weighing 6-20 lbs. into master cartons. Moves pallets(40-60 lbs.) may receive aid. hearing conversations, speaking clearly, seeing near/far, depth perception.
- Preferred Experience/Background
- Previous experience in manufacturing, farm hand, mechanic, electronics or military service.
- Any mechanical troubleshooting experience and knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Willing and able to work in an environment which could require bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, heavy lifting, climbing stairs or ladders and working on elevated platforms/workstations for at least 12 hours a day.
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to lift and pull up to 35 pounds.
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
- Work Schedule-We cannot guarantee anyone a specific shift, it will be based on the needs of our business.
- 7am - 7pm or 7pm - 7am
- Every other weekend off
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.