Spartanburg, SC 29302
Encadria Staffing Solutions, a Georgia-Pacific company, is seeking UTILITY OPERATOR for temporary and temporary-to-hire assignments at the Georgia Pacific facilities in Spartanburg, SC. As a Utility Operator you will work with multiple team members on a large machine that takes completed corrugated sheets and turns them in to boxes. This process will involve printing, gluing, folding, counting, and stacking boxes of different sizes depending on customer specifications. Customers of Georgia-Pacific purchase these boxes to package and ship their goods in. This position is imperative to have orders filled safely, timely and with outstanding quality.
What type environment can I expect to work in?
- This is an indoor Manufacturing facility. The facility is not climate controlled and can be cool in the winter and HOT during the summer time.
- This role will have you working around machinery that produces a lot of heat/steam – It will be warm.
- On the manufacturing floor, you will be required to wear PPE at all times. (Bump Cap, Safety Glasses, Ear protection and Steel Toe Boots) - PPE will be provided to you at no cost.
- Dress attire should be comfortable but professional – Clean Jeans or work pants and a t-shirt.
- This is an active safety and learning environment for all employees. If you do not have the experience or knowledge to perform these duties now we are happy to provide that to you.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Adhere to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies, and procedures
- Operate Load Former Machine.
- Follow and understand specification sheets for quality checks and perform quality checks on completed boxes.
- House Keeping Tasks (Dusting, Sweeping, Trash Pickup)
- Assist with machine set ups, lock out/tag out and preventative maintenance.
- Hold crew accountable for maintaining equipment to appropriate standards
- Adhere to quality standards and communicate when defects are found
- ' B-Position’
- Operate and understand feeder computer system.
- Create order numbers, make machine adjustments, and conduct quality checks.
- Setup print plates, pull dies and inks and hang print dies as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience in manufacturing, ranch hand, mechanic, electronics or military service.
- Any mechanical troubleshooting experience and knowledge of basic hand tools.
- Willing and able to work in an environment which could require bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, heavy lifting, climbing stairs or ladders and working on elevated platforms/workstations for at least 12 hours a day.
- Willing and able to maintain a strict adherence to safety rules and regulations to include wearing safety equipment.
- Willing and able to lift and pull up to 35 pounds.
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $14.00 /hour