Atlanta, GA 30303
Encadria Staffing Solutions is currently working to hire a Program Buyer for Georgia-Pacific’s corporate office location in downtown Atlanta, GA (30303). This is a temporary-to-hire position, with our goal being to transition this temporary employee to a Georgia-Pacific employee within 6 to 9 months.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia-Pacific is one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of building products, tissue, packaging, paper, cellulose and related chemicals. The company employs more than 40,000 people at approximately 300 locations in North America, South America, and Europe.
Georgia-Pacific creates long-term value by using resources efficiently to provide innovative products and solutions that meet the needs of customers and society, while operating in a manner that is environmentally and socially responsible and economically sound. Georgia-Pacific is an independently managed and operated company of Koch Industries, a private company headquartered in Wichita, Kansas.
The Program Buyer at our Georgia-Pacific facility, which is in Atlanta Georgia, reports to the Program Manager of The Project Sourcing and Procurement team and is responsible for executing the purchasing and contracting of services, equipment, materials and supplies for capital projects related to business wireless upgrades across all ERP instances throughout GP’s Divisions. The Program Buyer works with Project Managers to understand the project’s requirements including services, performance and timing in order to execute procurement of services and goods in a quick and efficient manner. The individual is knowledgeable about national and regional contract agreements and assures compliance with applicable corporate policies and guidelines.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Utilizes company’s purchasing system to process purchase orders from requisitions.
- Prepares/Maintains Project Procurement Plans to ensure that project milestones are met
- Ensures the contractual document accurately reflects the terms and conditions of purchase, including payment terms, freight terms, incoterms, and other key commercial terms.
- Understands the program strategies and works with Program Manager and Project Manager on transactions
- Supports the entire PO process in the respective mill’s ERP system
- Builds relationships with project teams to help drive process improvements
- Actively represents Sourcing and Procurement on issues relating to capital project sourcing initiatives
- Demonstrates high level customer focus and sense of urgency.
- Ensures adherence to all safety, environmental and purchasing policies, guidelines and procedures.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 2-to-5 years’ procurement work experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Contract experience
- Experience with SAP, Asset Suite, and MP2
- Working knowledge of MRP computer programs or similar systems is preferred
- Experience working in a capital project environment
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E-verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.