Memphis, TN 38112 US
Job Title: Research Assistant
Job Site: 1001 Tillman Street Memphis, TN 38112 (GP Cellulose – Memphis HQ)
Pay Rate: $23.00 hourly
Start Date: ASAP
Schedule: M-F, 8 hours daily, with occasional overtime
Encadria Staffing Solutions, a Georgia-Pacific company is currently hiring a Research Assistant with Georgia-Pacific Cellulose in Memphis, TN. This role will support efforts in the Memphis Technology and Innovation Center’s (T&IC) Scientific Resources Group. Visit our website to learn more about GP Cellulose https://www.gp.com/product-overview/gp-cellulose
This position will report directly to the Scientific Resources Manager to support high-priority projects in product quality testing and analysis for the Memphis T&IC team.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, or a related field with experience working in a wet chemistry lab environment
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds on occasion
- Proficiency at Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with wet chemistry techniques and FTIR instrumentation
- Experience or knowledge of KnowItAll IR Spectral software or similar platform is a plus.
- Knowledge of cellulose chemistry as it pertains to pulp and paper industry
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Assist in preparation of samples for key tests to support new product development and improvement
- Prepare and organize samples to be tested; neutralize and maintain waste disposal
- Execute testing independently with limited supervision
- Learn and use pertinent cellulose chemistry principles
- Adhere to strict safety policies and procedures; identify safety hazards on site and report them promptly
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills
- Team player with the ability to manage multiple projects with limited supervision
- Willingness to learn with attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work overtime based on business needs
Visit www.encadria.com to learn more about our company and our partnerships with Koch Industries and Georgia-Pacific.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify.