GP Harmon is seeking Scale Operators to work 2nd shift in our Edison, NJ facility. This role supports the sustainability efforts of Georgia-Pacific by ensuring data and documentation accuracy with inbound and outbound loads. We are looking for candidates with a strong commitment to safety. If you have logistics experience and a commitment to leading safety compliance, we look forward to hearing from you!
GP Harmon Recycling, a subsidiary of Georgia-Pacific, is one of the largest pure traders of recycled fiber in the world, trading more than 100,000 tons per week. We develop markets for our suppliers’ recovered materials and provide a reliable source of quality feedstock to our global customer base. To learn more about our Harmon Recycling division, visit gpharmon.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring that all employees maintain compliance to all company policies and procedures related to scale activities
- Continuing to find new ways to reduce cost of operation and improving day to day activities
- Ensuring that all mail (hard copy and electronic) is processed in a timely manner
- Interfacing appropriately with vendors and suppliers when required
- Performing required reconciliation of work or repair orders to invoices received
- Keeping accurate records of transactions being performed on inbound and outbound material
- Performing monthly safety inspections; e.g., fire extinguishers, ladders, emergency exits
- Identifying contaminants (wood, plastic) in baled materials and sorting as necessary