Scale Operator Weekends
Edison, NJ 08817
GP Harmon is seeking Scale Operators to work 1st shift Saturday and Sunday (Weekends Only) in our Edison, NJ facility. This role supports the sustainability efforts of Georgia-Pacific by ensuring data and documentation accuracy with inbound and outbound loads. We are looking for candidates with a strong commitment to safety. If you have logistics experience and a commitment to leading safety compliance, we look forward to hearing from you!
GP Harmon Recycling, a subsidiary of Georgia-Pacific, is one of the largest pure traders of recycled fiber in the world, trading more than 100,000 tons per week. We develop markets for our suppliers’ recovered materials and provide a reliable source of quality feed stock to our global customer base. To learn more about our Harmon Recycling division, visit gpharmon.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring that all employees maintain compliance to all company policies and procedures related to scale activities
- Continuing to find new ways to reduce cost of operation and improving day to day activities
- Ensuring that all mail (hard copy and electronic) is processed in a timely manner
- Interfacing appropriately with vendors and suppliers when required
- Performing required reconciliation of work or repair orders to invoices received
- Keeping accurate records of transactions being performed on inbound and outbound material
- Performing monthly safety inspections; e.g., fire extinguishers, ladders, emergency exits
- Identifying contaminants (wood, plastic) in baled materials and sorting as necessary
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to lift/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook; e.g., sending email, creating Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- 1 Year of Scale Operator Experience
- 1 Year of Manufacturing Experience
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work in hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Experience using Microsoft Excel; e.g., creating spreadsheets
- A minimum of one (1) year of scale operating experience
- Experience in logistics
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.
Job Type: Temp to Hire
Salary: $17.00 per/hour