Edison, NJ 08817
GP Harmon is seeking Scale Operators to work 1st shift Saturday and Sunday in our Edison, NJ facility. This role supports the sustainability efforts of Georgia-Pacific by ensuring data and documentation accuracy with inbound and outbound loads. We are looking for candidates with a strong commitment to safety. If you have logistics experience and a commitment to leading safety compliance, we look forward to hearing from you!
GP Harmon Recycling, a subsidiary of Georgia-Pacific, is one of the largest pure traders of recycled fiber in the world, trading more than 100,000 tons per week. We develop markets for our suppliers’ recovered materials and provide a reliable source of quality feedstock to our global customer base. To learn more about our Harmon Recycling division, visit gpharmon.com.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Ensuring that all employees maintain compliance to all company policies and procedures related to scale activities
- Continuing to find new ways to reduce cost of operation and improving day to day activities
- Ensuring that all mail (hard copy and electronic) is processed in a timely manner
- Interfacing appropriately with vendors and suppliers when required
- Performing required reconciliation of work or repair orders to invoices received
- Keeping accurate records of transactions being performed on inbound and outbound material
- Performing monthly safety inspections; e.g., fire extinguishers, ladders, emergency exits
- Identifying contaminants (wood, plastic) in baled materials and sorting as necessary
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED
- Willing and able to work any shift, holidays, weekends, and overtime as needed
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations, to include wearing safety equipment
- Willing and able to lift/pull up to 50 lbs.
- Experience using Microsoft Outlook; e.g., sending emailPreferred Qualifications:
- What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Willing and able to work in hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
- Experience using Microsoft Excel; e.g., creating spreadsheets
- A minimum of one (1) year of scale operating experience
- Experience in logisticsJob Type: Temporary
- Salary: $17.00 per/hour
- We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully completing a background check, passing a drug test. E verify is utilized to verify eligibility to work in the United States.