TARPER SHIPPING UTILITY
Do you want to go from where you are to where you want to be, but you’re not sure how to get there? Encadria has been helping people build a bridge to full-time jobs with great companies for over 30 years. 1000 Encadria employees transitioned from temporary assignments to full-time employment in 2018 alone. Let Encadria help get you there!
Encadria Staffing Solutions has a temporary to hire opportunity for a General Laborer with Georgia Pacific in the Fletcher, OK location.
Georgia-Pacific is hiring Shipping Utility workers for our Gypsum facility located in Fletcher, OK. This role creates value by working amicably with other employees to consistently and safely perform job task associated with tarping trucks and throwing risers on the trucks.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Observe and inspect work area for any potential safety related issues. Report any immediately to your supervisor or other management personnel. Perform all duties and task in accordance with Georgia-Pacific’s safety standards.
- Observe and inspect product for quality defects. Report any immediately to your supervisor or other management personnel.
- Clean up all areas of responsibility on a daily basis.
- Operate equipment to tarp trucks.
- Perform pre-operational forklift inspection prior to beginning of each shift.
- Assist with packaging board for truck and rail shipments.
- Check trailers and/or rail cars for defects.
- Sweep and pick-up bays, sweep warehouse and pick-up debris in parking lot and driveways.
- Direct truck drivers.
- Operate the floor sweeper and floor scrubber.
- Assist production and other operations by providing coverage and performing clean-up.
- Works smoothly with fellow employees, supervisors and managers.
- Follow any other job-related instructions and perform any other job-related duties requested by supervisor.
What You Will Need: Basic Qualifications:
- One (1) year or more of Mill/Manufacturing experience
- Able to lift 113 pounds (floor to waist)
- Able to perform basic math functions such as simple addition and subtracting in order to calculate truck weight and product weight on a load
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, noisy, industrial environment
- Willing and able to carry 25 pounds occasionally
- Willing and able to wear the necessary Personal Protection equipment (PPE) (i.e. hard hats, safety glasses, face shield, chemical suit, respirator, ear plugs, hearing protection, steel-toe boots or safety shoes and other PPE required by specific jobs)
- What Will Put You Ahead? Preferred Qualifications:
- One (1) year or more of experience in an industrial, manufacturing, construction, farming or oil field environment
- Experience operating a forklift
- Application Questions
- Job Type: Temporary
- How many years of Mill/Manufacturing experience do you have?
- How many years of Shipping Utility experience do you have?
We offer competitive wages and benefits. We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
To learn more about us and the kinds of people we employ, please visit our web site at www.encadria.com
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $12.00 /hour