Track Specialist/Category Manager
Atlanta, GA 30303
Track Specialist/Category Manager - Atlanta, GA
Georgia-Pacific and its subsidiaries are among the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of tissue, paper-based packaging, office papers, cellulose, specialty fibers, non-woven fabrics, building products and related chemicals. Our familiar consumer brands include: Quilted Northern®, Angel Soft®, Brawny®, Sparkle®, Vanity Fair®, and the Dixie® brand of disposable cups, plates and bowls. The company directly employs approximately 35,000 people.
Who We Need:
The Track Specialist/Category Manager serves as an integral member of the Georgia-Pacific Strategic Sourcing & Procurement Team. The position reports to the Regional Track Manager. The selected candidate will among other things, support the development of Georgia-Pacific brands through working closely with suppliers and GP mills.
- Work with Track® Specialist to implement, train and onboard GP facility with the Track® software
- Work with software suppliers and mills to meet the 2019 Bet. Hold suppliers accountable to their commitments to GP
- Manage inspection services supplier contracts
- Respond to internal stakeholders request for supplier support and contract renewals
- Creatively solve problems and help others succeed
- Knowledge share and promote Track® best practices with all mills. Work with other Koch companies using Track®
- ~50% travel is required based on Track® implementation schedule.
This position works in close collaboration with the Sales, Brands and Category Development teams.
What You Will Need:
- Four-year college degree;
- At least 5 years Consumer Products Goods or related field experience
- At least 2 years’ experience in a Category Management role
- At least 2 years' experience with Track software
- Strong Microsoft Office software skills
- Customer-facing sales experience
- Joint Business Planning experience
- Knowledge and experience in category management best practices
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Mill Maintenance or mill shutdown experience
- Strong base of analytical skills to assess, interpret and translate from multiple data sources
- Proven success developing analytical studies, models, templates and tools
- Highly skilled, hands-on command of syndicated data, assortment tools
- Functional and technical knowledge to perform the job at a high level with minimal on-boarding time
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Customer-focused individual dedicated to exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Experience interfacing with customers/retailers on shopper insights
- Ability to think broadly and objectively to grow the business with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to creatively find solutions to business questions and issues
- Solid presentation and written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects to completion with minimum managerial oversight
- Strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative / team-based style